Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Music Years....Part three.

Part three.
Some years later when I was about 17, I moved to Ibiza. The thumping drums and sounds of John Digweed and Paul Van Dyke's 'For an Angel' coming from the speakers, were enough to make anyone wanna take 'E' . I had a crazy few years on that dance scene, altho there was no hip hop in Ibiza, that never stopped me searching, or harassing the DJ's for Snoop or Dre.
Always in the centre of every event, I leave my Covent Garden, London apartment some years later to head to a Brit Awards after party, and made what would become a very dear friend, He was the late Proof, and as soon as I felt cool enough with him I confided in him about my secret rap aspirations. Expecting to hear a chuckle, he actually took dream seriously, and encouraged me to go for it. A little fire sparked inside me and a voice in my head said "you can do it!".
We went on to spend the rest of the evening writing raps, and coming up with the name Misfit. He explained and broke down different techniques, rhymes pattens and all I needed to know to get started. I owe him a lot.
I studied every rapper, old and new, and with a CD Walkman, pad, and a pen always firmly stuck to my hand, I began writing profusely.
....to be continued.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment