Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Music Years....Part one.

Part one.
Nowadays when I'm writing a song I do not conform anymore.
Music has always been a huge role in my life, my escapism, as I'm sure most agree.
And I've had my fair share of phases, I started my life off as a goth, I did however still keep it glamorous, my lipstick more perfectly applied than that of The Cure's Robert Smith and I still favored pink hues, I did however dye my hair black.
I remember my grandmother, bless her soul, was mad at my mother for allowing me to wear make up as part of my daily routine from around 5 years old, but when I died my hair black she flipped! "she's just a child, what are you doing?" But my mother exclaimed "I'm letting her get this shit out her system early."
And yup she sure was right, because long gone are the days of 10 holed Doctor Martin's (which were in fact my older brothers, thus being at least 4 sizes too big), tied dyed skirts and Morticia Adams hair. It was tho, in this phase that I began song writing, or, probably more poems then as I had no clue how to make up melodies.
I would spend every possible moment of everyday with The Cure spinning on the record player, I owned some really rare vinyl's, I had the purple 7" of 'Pictures of You' let's just say I was a super fan, and I justified it because i was from the same town in England they were from.
The Smiths would also alternate in-between, amoung other indie rock bands such as - EMF, Siouxsie and the Banshees, James and Depeche Mode.
The Cure and The Smiths were my favorite tho and I would literally loose myself in a pre-teen trance.
.....to be continued.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment