Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013...My favorite screen sirens from last night

I died and was in Couture heaven last night watching the Red Carpet arrivals. There were a lot of stunning gowns, but a few obviously stood out to me the most and my favorites were..

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, of course my favorite fashion house won me over the most! Her gown, from the back in particularly, was the epitome of romantic elegance, two shades of pale pink, and, in true Dior style, reminiscent of a beautiful flower.

Jessica Chastain in copper pink Armani Privé, she is such a beauty anyway and looked utter perfection last night in a classic Old Hollywood style. Her hair, skin and dress all, almost blended into one beautiful hue!

Amy Adam's dreamy dove grey Oscar de la Renta made me feel like I was watching the princess from a Hans Christian Anderson fairytale, so stunning!

Those were my three favorite, but I also loved Anne Hathaway in her pale pink Prada, the high neck instantly reminded me of the dress Edith Head designed for Grace Kelly to wear when she won her Oscar in 1955.
Jennifer Aniston's red Valentino was gorgeous and gave her a beautiful shape and Olivia Munn's Marchesa dress had a very regal feel from Queen Elizabeth I era, loved that!








When I saw Anne Hathaway's pastel pink Prada, the high neck and simplicity of it instantly made me think of Edith Head's dress for Grace Kelly for her Oscar win in 1955.

Olivia Munn in Marchesa
Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen

Alicia Vikander

Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani

Stacey Keibler in Naeem Khan



Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton

No comments:

Post a Comment