Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall thinking...


As the season changes, I thought what more perfect a time than to relaunch the blog that I had so naughtily neglected. Love Fall fashion, maybe not quite as much as I love Summer fashion, but at least with Fall one can throw on a 'bar' jacket and not sweat! 
I get bored really easily with looks (thank god I don't have to wear a uniform!) I can't even do my hair the same way for more than a few days. So, my style changes a lot and I'm often bringing together my passion for history, in the form of fashion, channeling one of my many favorite periods and icons. 
Queen Elizabeth 1st is usually a winter favorite as all those layers and weighty fabrics are enough to keep me warm and Regal feeling.

The New Look from 1947, thanks to Mr. Dior himself however has always been a staple look within my style, though this season I'm also feeling in the mood for the swingings sixties. Large hats perched on the back of my head, over sized dress coats on top of a waist clenching pencil dress..yes! 
Of course one is also never without gloves!..




Here I am in Union Sq, NYC on one of those perfect sunny Fall days...

No comments:

Post a Comment